20 August 2003

Google Toolbar

My company uses Windows. I deal. Yesterday I got very annoyed because Outlook refused to let me make some text green isntead of red. Outlook doesn’t usually bother me, but Internet Explorer does. Once you’ve gotten used to tabbed browsing, auto-fill, integrated searching, and pop-up blocking, it’s hard to go back.

Two days ago day I finally looked below the search bar on Google and read that the new version of the Google Toolbar takes care of three of those features. It even keeps a little counter of how many pop-ups it has managed to deflect! I strongly recommend it to anyone whose IT department refuses to let you install a better browser.

P.S.: You can drag the toolbar around if you don’t want to waste too much screen space on it. Mine hovers to the right of the “Help” menu.